Thursday, November 19, 2015

No Pricing

Well, the Iron Condor I discussed putting on through today was the trade everyone wanted, but was impossible to get pricing for. No one would options in a dying market. I watched Iron Condor prices seem to trade at reasonable levels, but the midpoint pricing was not attainable. I am not into chasing a trade, even if it is an easy one. I let it all pass.

Even as the market slid into slightly negative territory, the VIX was falling today. The Bollinger Bands narrowed significantly as the market flat-lined (see chart below). We are in a Bollinger Band squeeze at this time, and that could last a few more days.

Tomorrow is options expiration, but with little news and even after some bad earnings after hours today, I cannot see the market making a strong move in any direction.